Sgt Major Dan Page of the St. Louis County Police Department presented a talk. It was a painful diatribe to which to listen. It lasted form more than an hour.
A few of the things I noted were:
He claims that the President is not the Commander-in-Chief unless war has been declared, and then only of the Army and Navy, because that is what is mentioned in the Constitution. It’s odd that he interprets this phrase as literal, without considering that in 1787 when the document was signed, there was no Marine Corps or Air Force. Article II, Section 2 states that the President is C-in-C when the military is called into actual service of the US. The active duty military is always in service to the US.
He claims that the Constitution is based on Christian principles as described in Isaiah 33:22, “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.”
He said that his Creator is Jesus Christ. I know I have lapsed in my church attendance, but I recall learning that God created me and Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The timing seems to be off. As so many Christians claim that they follow Christ’s teaching they keep quoting the Old Testament, i.e. the Jewish Bible (Torah). Isaiah is a book in the Old Testament. Here are four new testament entries that say we should set aside the old law for the new. Matthew 22:27-40, 1 John 5:3-4, Galatians 3:23-25 and Ephesians 2:14-16.
He claimed that there is a new proposed constitution that will repeal all our rights and freedoms. This constitution can be found at:
It appears that this document was authored by Col. Arch E. Roberts:
He states that former Supreme Court Justice John Stevens wants to change the Bill of Rights. He does want to change some of the amendments, but as a liberal I don’t have a problem with his suggestions.
As a retired Command Sgt Major he referred to a Seal as being in the Army. Even I know Seals are a Navy organization.
He states that four of the Supreme Court Justices are sodomites and makes various other homophobic statements.
No comments:
Post a Comment